5 Signs That It’s Time to Upgrade Your Office Multifunction Printer
The multifunction printer is the hub in the workplace where all printing, copying, faxing, and scanning takes place. Considering the important role that the MFP plays in the workplace, it’s surprising to learn that many organizations are still holding onto outdated and underperforming devices. However, for many companies the decision to upgrade is difficult, trying to balance budgetary considerations with the need for newer technology. In reality, if you’re holding onto antiquated office equipment you’re sacrificing efficiency, quality, savings and security.
Here are five tell-tale signs that it’s time to upgrade your multifunction printer:
- Your print equipment is hindering business performance. Is your MFP holding your business back from reaching its fullest potential? If you’re relying on out-of-date equipment to handle daily tasks, you’re missing out on the features and added functionality that newer models offer. These enhanced capabilities can allow you to take your business to the next level.
- You notice decreased efficiency in the way that your MFP operates. Are you starting to see employees gathering around the printer to wait for their documents? Is your device frequently needing to be serviced? These interruptions in workflow slow productivity and make tasks more challenging for your employees to complete. Upgrading to a new MFP will increase the efficiency of workflows and positively impact productivity.
- You’re constantly spending money on service and maintenance. If your machine is constantly going down, you’re having to pay a hefty price for emergency service calls. Five years is the optimal amount of time to hold on to a printer or copier. Once you reach the ten-year mark, it’s more cost-effective to upgrade than pay to service your older model.
- Your MFP seems to have the same repairs needed. When you’re having to fix the same problem over and over again, it’s a clear sign that it’s time for an upgrade.
- You have unmet security needs. The multifunction printer is a popular entry point for hackers to gain access to your network. Considering this, the latest model MFPs include an abundance of security features to keep your data safe.
If you’re thinking of upgrading your office equipment, now is the perfect time to take advantage of our Summer Buy Back program! Bring your used equipment to us, no matter the brand, and receive a credit* towards a new Xerox WorkCentre 5755 or Toshiba 7506ACT multifunction printer. Both models feature the latest technology to help you work smarter, cost-effectively and more securely.
Contact us to learn more about the savings and gains that come from upgrading your equipment!
*Credit up to $500 towards the Xerox 5755 or $2000 towards the Toshiba 7506ACT. Cannot be a current Allied customer. Trade-in equipment must be under a current competitor’s lease.