Solving Hybrid Workplace Challenges
COVID-19 has affected almost every area of our lives, from how we communicate, to how we shop, and even how we work. Lock downs and shutdowns have forced organizations to alter attitudes about work and where work happens. Organizations that once questioned the viability of remote work are now planning for a future that includes employees splitting time working between being in-office and/or working remotely. In fact, recent studies have found that 79% of companies project that they will employ a hybrid workforce moving forward.
The challenge for many organizations is creating spaces and employing technologies to support a hybrid workforce. The worker experience needs to be flexible and free from digital friction as companies continue blending in-office and remote teams.
In this blog, we are going to learn about hybrid collaboration solutions, and how to maximize this new work reality.
The Emergence of “Work-From-Anywhere” Technologies
The pandemic accelerated the adoption of the technologies that enable us to alter how we approach work. Technologies including:
- Content Management Solutions – Content management systems make it easy to access the information your team needs when they need it. When documents are digitized, your team can streamline processes and create better, more efficient workflows for your remote team. Placing digitized documents in a single location centralizes storage and reduces silos.
- Document Management Systems – A DMS allows real-time updates to help identify bottlenecks, workflows, and processes that are working, and more importantly, areas that may need improvement.
- Automated Workflows – Automated workflows keep processes consistent, automatically routing documents to the appropriate person for approvals based on a set of business rules. Automated processes free up time so employees can focus on key business initiatives.
- Secure Collaborations – Secure collaboration allows dispersed workers to work together on documents and offers version control, increased data security, and compliance.
- Intelligent Boardrooms – Smart meeting rooms powered by intelligent technology feature video conferencing software, cameras, and whiteboards that integrate to create a seamless experience for a distributed workforce.
4 Ways People Collaborate
When it comes to printing, the two most popular types of printer are inkjet and laser. Both offer di...
The print industry is always working hard to develop new technology to meet the needs and challenges...
Managed Print Services (MPS) is about much more than making sure you have plenty of toners. It’s a ...
Technology has changed how we communicate, but one constant of day-to-day business is the telephone....
One thing is certain: schools and educational institutions create tremendous amounts of paper. From ...
I’m Tom Beeles, President and CEO of Allied Business Solutions. These are trying times for business...