The coronavirus has changed the way businesses all over the world operate. We’ve moved from slowly transitioning to remote work to going “all-in” thanks to the pandemic. Many companies have changed their business model to incorporate remote work for the foreseeable future.
48% of employees will likely work remotely at least part of the time after COVID-19 versus 30% before the pandemic. – Gartner
So, what will remote working look like in 2021?
What to Expect in 2021 and Beyond…
To be honest, no one knows for sure. But one thing is certain – working from home is here to stay. Here are some work-from-home trends to watch in 2021.
- The Rise in Flexible Work Schedules – COVID really fast-tracked the introduction of flexible work schedules. Employees view flexible schedules as a benefit of working at home, and this could help attract and retain top talent. A flexible work schedule also contributes to employee wellness, increases employee engagement, and reduces stress levels.
- Companies Will Use More Communication Tools – Unified communication solutions that integrate communication platforms and devices into a single system will become more commonplace. The evolution, and reliance, on this technology will continue in 2021.
- Video Conferencing Will Be the Norm – Most meetings will be virtual. Video conferencing platforms will become even more secure and easier to use as they become more mainstream.
- More Focus on Training and Upskilling – Along with the use of ever-advancing technology comes the necessity for employees to be trained to make the most out of the tools at hand. Training staff on the skills they need and offering opportunities to advance their learning will be critical in 2021.
- Privacy and Security Will Improve – Remote workers will need security tools to ensure the safety of corporate and customer data when working from home. Expect this area to grow as demand surges.
With the new year right around the corner, now is the perfect time to review your remote strategy to make sure your team will work and communicate seamlessly in the future.
Are you ready for the changes the new year will bring? Give us a call and let us help you set your business and remote staff up with solutions for success in 2021!