One thing is certain: schools and educational institutions create tremendous amounts of paper. From administrative documents, to student records, tests, worksheets, handouts, and assignments – paper has become a necessary part of a regular school day.
Many of these documents need to be stored, organized, and retrieved long after a student moves on. Storing mountains of physical documents not only takes up space, but retrieval can be difficult, then add in the security challenge. Additional roadblocks, such as unexpected school closures, can make accessing paper documents near impossible for school staff members.
Digital transformation for schools is critical to the long-term benefits for the staff, teachers, students and parents.
Key benefits to transform to digital:
- Store and access student files, including report cards, enrollment paperwork, and all other paperwork together in one system.
- Reduce the need for manual data entry by automatically extracting data.
- Documents that are scanned and indexed can be searched for, and accessed, in seconds.
- Schools can easily keep a paperless collection of all student records from the time they start school without taking up valuable facility space.
- Improve efficiency and cut operating costs by streamlining how information is shared and accessed.
- Maintain the integrity of confidential student records and regulatory compliance.
- Apply document-level security to maintain different levels of access.
- Improve response times for record requests with easy retrieval of transcripts, reports, and disciplinary actions.
- Authorized individuals can access digital files no matter where they are located .
Digital transformation will not only help schools and educational institutions with their document challenges, it can help school administrators and staff do their jobs no matter what the future holds for the upcoming school year.
We at Allied Business Solutions understand a school’s unique needs. We’ve worked with many educators at all levels to help transform their paper-intensive processes to digital. Contact an Allied representative today and let’s talk about how we can help setup the right document management solution for your school.